Locality Summer School

해외학생 초청 Inbound 프로그램 ‘Locality Summer School’

‘Locality Summer School’은 광역특화전공의 각 지역별 외국인 학생들을 한국으로 초대해 광역특화전공생들과 함께 진행하는 문화교류의 장으로써 서로의 언어와 문화를 탐색할 수 있는 프로그램입니다.

광역특화전공 학생들은 외국인 학생들을 통해 자신이 공부하는 지역의 특수성과 문화적 특징들을 몸소 체험할 수 있으며, 외국인 학생들과 함께 최대 8일간 합숙하면서 현지인을 미리 접하고 로컬리티 현지에 대한 적응력을 키우게 됩니다.

외국인 학생 1인당 한국인 학생 3~4인이 이루어 과제를 수행하는 방식으로 진행됩니다.

Title [외국인 학생 활동 보고서 - 유라시아트랙 착착팀] Anna - 2
Writer 로컬리티센터 Date 18-08-14 13:55 Read 2,390

본문

e9abdd59f25aef37ea2272beb16e28f7_1534222

After educating ourselves we set off to Seoul Bamdokkaebi Night Market, a place where one can enjoy different kind of food from around the world, shop for unique handmade accessories and watch various cultural performances.

I do not usual go out very often in Moscow, especially in the evening, but I can say for sure that this night market is a wonderful idea to spend time with friends and family members. Food unites people and so does Bamdokkaebi Night Market! The delicious smell coming from every food stall makes you want to try literally everything!

One of the best things of Bamdokkaebi Night Market is by no doubts the picturesque area it is located in. Situated in Banpo Hangang Park right near the Han River we enjoyed our food by admiring the beautiful evening scenery. It was so nice to have a meal outdoors together with good people by my side. I wish there were more places like this one in Moscow, too.

As the subject of our project was employment our team has tried various activities related to it.

First, we went to a photo studio to take CV photo. Originally I thought that it wouldn't be anything special at all, but I was genuinely surprised by how this process is different from that in Russia.

In Russia it takes less than ten minutes to take a CV photo – one sits down, a photographer takes a picture, slightly edits and prints it and voilà, here you go. However, in South Korea we spent around two and a half hours in the photo studio. And this is by no means a bad thing! It just shows how seriously Korean photographers take this matter.

Photo studios provide customers suitable clothes and hair accessories, and are furnished with comfortable sofas where people can wait for their turn. A photographer carefully checks a client's appearances and fixes up so that he or she looks neat and presentable. No one has to worry about their dark circles or skin problems as well – with Photoshop magic your looks become almost perfect.

My teammates told me that there is a tradition among Korean students to exchange with friends each other's photos and suggested that we should do the same. Now I have their photos in my wallet, so lucky! 

Since all of us are graduating soon we are all worried about our future. Will we be able to find a job? Will it be perspective? Will we enjoy it and won’t it become a burden eventually?

I strongly believe that people should have a job that unfolds their talents and corresponds to their interests and all of my teammates absolutely agreed with me. That is why we decided to take occupational preference test and visited a Birkman Cafe.

The Birkman Method is an online personality, social perception, and occupational interest assessment consisting of ten scales describing occupational preferences, eleven scales describing “effective behaviors” and eleven scales describing interpersonal and environmental expectations. The construction and comparative analysis of the Birkman Method is designed to provide insight into what specifically drives a person’s behavior, with the goal of creating greater choice and more self-responsibility. It attempts to measure social behaviors, underlying expectations of interpersonal and task actions, potential stress reactions to unmet expectations, occupational preferences and organizational strengths.

After completing the online test we finally received our results. According to them, I have an aptitude for jobs that imply a creative mind. Something connected with the literature, art or music. As I decided to become a translator of the Korean literature I was pleased with the fact that the job that I determined to devote myself to is identical to the job that actually suits me. It is truly important for me to enjoy what I am doing I was very happy to find out that I am on the right track.

As for my friends, each of them discovered something new about themselves. The test has helped my teammates to understand better their own personality and reconsider some things and they were glad that they had such a unique opportunity to take this test. 

During the trip to Seoul I have experienced what I have never done before and Water Gun Festival became one of those new things.

Being more of a staying-at-home type I have never actually participated in any flash mob or any events that involved a big amount of people and that is why I did not actually expect anything from the festival. However, it turned out to be one of the most memorable and literally one of the most refreshing episodes of the whole Summer School program.

The energy of Water Gun Festival was enormous. Loud music and big laughter did their thing. It was almost like all participants, kids and adults, were good old friends showering each other with water. The atmosphere just draw me into this water party and I had fun without any worries. We have had such a great time together with my friends and we were really reluctant to leave the festival.

And finally, I want to express a gratitude to my teammates. Hye-jin, Sun-young, Soo-bin! We have come a long way together! I am so lucky that I got to meet such wonderful people. I have never thought that I could become this close to someone in just one week. Despite cultural differences we were able to understand each other perfectly without any conflicts and misunderstandings. Always laughing and joking we successfully completed ‘2018 Locality Summer School’ program.  Our friendship truly means a lot to me. Hope to see you soon, my friends!

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

경기도 용인시 처인구 모현면 외대로 81 한국외국어대학교 글로벌캠퍼스 교양관 213-1호
031-330-4593~4 / localitycenter@hufs.ac.kr
Copyright (c) 2024 한국외국어대학교 로컬리티 사업단. All rights reserved.