Locality Summer School

해외학생 초청 Inbound 프로그램 ‘Locality Summer School’

‘Locality Summer School’은 광역특화전공의 각 지역별 외국인 학생들을 한국으로 초대해 광역특화전공생들과 함께 진행하는 문화교류의 장으로써 서로의 언어와 문화를 탐색할 수 있는 프로그램입니다.

광역특화전공 학생들은 외국인 학생들을 통해 자신이 공부하는 지역의 특수성과 문화적 특징들을 몸소 체험할 수 있으며, 외국인 학생들과 함께 최대 8일간 합숙하면서 현지인을 미리 접하고 로컬리티 현지에 대한 적응력을 키우게 됩니다.

외국인 학생 1인당 한국인 학생 3~4인이 이루어 과제를 수행하는 방식으로 진행됩니다.

Title [외국인 학생 활동 보고서 - 마그레브트랙 고학번팀] Amira Meftahi
Writer 로컬리티센터 Date 17-08-07 13:38 Read 3,040

본문

Essay about the locality summer school program

My impression about this program:

to others, it may look just like a summer school or a program but for me, it's realizing one of my goals, one of my dreams ... traveling to Korea as someone from Algeria isn't easy, but I kept hope and worked part time jobs to gather money and travel but Korea was so expensive for me so I changed the plan and start participating in Korean contests, I got lucky this year and the first time I got the news that I'm accepted in the program I felt so excited that I couldn't sleep that night ... 

the time I arrived and the day of my travel came, still couldn't believe ! the trip was so long and I was tired but the moment I saw my team waiting for me I start forgetting about everything, they were waiting with a big smile on their faces , I felt their kindness the moment I saw them, this program is something so precious for me, I tried a lot of things, I meet new people and gained knowledge , I really didn’t feel how the 10 days ended , it was so fast , it was so good and I was so pleased

2cff640f80f86706c34c168c3c671e5b_15020802cff640f80f86706c34c168c3c671e5b_1502080

I remember the first day of my arrival the 24th of July, after meeting my team they took a photo and then went to somewhere near AK plaza, they asked me what is the thing that you want to eat and my answer was tokboki and kimbap....we went to a small place that sells it and wow the taste was amazing , after that they took me to a prize catcher and jeahyok won a cute doll for me , I was so happy and that day we all were lucky ... everyone got a doll .

there is something else that I really liked about the program which is the food , it was so delicious and especially the thought that you made halal food for us, it was amazing I felt how respect full the people who made this program and how much you cared about us, I really like Korean food and because I need to eat only halal food I couldn't taste all the food that I wanted but this program allowed me to discover the Korean gastronomy from the staff to our group members to the participants everyone respected each other felt like family all together .

2cff640f80f86706c34c168c3c671e5b_1502080

more over the thing that did leave a great impression on me is the lectures, we two lectures, the first on history we learned about the Korean history, the establishment of the country the Gojoseon and modern period and even about the contemporary period and the Japanese colonization as well and the second one it was about the Korean economy and trade , and commercials strategies as well and the professor gave us a lot of information and we even learned about other countries economy and that was so good and we all exchanged a lot of information and knowledge .

furthermore, the focus on locality section was so interesting, the Korean members of my team got to know more about my country and, the subject was Algeria’s new media ... It was little bit complicated for them because Algeria hade a long history before arriving at the new media period and we had a little bit of a language barrier, I don't speak Korean fluently and they don't speak French fluently as well but we tried our best to communicate, we were so sincere and had the will to know more about each other's country, we even met a Korean professor that studied journalism in Paris, we had a long conversation and talked about journalism in the world and that was super interesting for me .

As well I enjoyed to the fullest the recreation in everland, that was so fun, I played a lot of games and enjoyed with other friends, we were so close to each other Maghreb team A and Maghreb team B, because we were all together it was more fun, everland was so huge and I want to ride every single game , I really like adventures and Safari was amusing , I literally enjoyed each second in that place and made unforgettable memories .

and I can never forget the day we visited kong bok gung palace where I discovered the fascinating old Korean building style, I even wore the traditional clothing hanbok that I really liked, I choose a pinck one, it's my favorite colour , we hanged out in the palace and took a lot of pictures

After going to the palace we went to a museum of Korean history near the palace, which was so interesting, learned more about Korea, ah there is a Korean tasty food as well called 수제비.

and I really liked the pingsu it was so tasty and colorful , as a whole I enjoyed everything and made some great memories that would last for the rest of my life , unforgettable people , unforgettable places , unforgettable things … and I went to dongdeamong for shopping, it was so great alot of cosmetics , clothes, food ...

you can find whatever you want in one place and that's so great, I liked the ambience as well ... at night everyone still awake , people are enjoying the night live .

I both some cosmetics and K-pop stuff and some souvenir which I liked a lot ..

Moreover the visit to MBC station was the most thing I enjoyed since I study journalism am so interested in the Korean media and want to know more about it and visiting MBC station was the best thing to do, I learned a lot of things about Korean media and had the chance to see very closely the two famous K-pop groups monstaX and Astro , they were so handsome in person ,I was so excited the moment I saw them .... and I had an amazing experience in MBC station because I tried some games like hosting the news and dancing with idols and the set of Dea Jung um and taking pictures with 3D stars like GD and songri and even attending a 3D concert that looks so real ... I enjoyed each second I spend it in the MBC station and I thank a lot my team that was working hard to make me try as many things as possible about the Korean culture.

2cff640f80f86706c34c168c3c671e5b_15020802cff640f80f86706c34c168c3c671e5b_1502080

the days really went by very fast, I didn't feel how 10 days ended very fast, it was the most exotic days of my life, everything was new for me and great, summer 2017 is the best for me and all of this happened because of this programme, the day all the groups did their presentation and we got our certifications was so fascinating, true I felt bad because it was the end of a great programme but in the same i felt so happy and grateful for all the good things that i got to do in this locality summer school .

Big thanks to the staff that worked hard to meet our demands and for the teachers who were so helpful and nice with us, to my team that for me was the best ever and even to other teams that are so friendly and nice and to the cookers who always work hard to make us satisfy and cooked for us delicious food , and to the participants of the summer school programme that although we were from different countries we had same interests and such an open minds to accept the diversity of each one ... I'm so much thankful that my words can't describe my real feelings and wish from my heart that I get another chance in the future and come back to this amazing university and meet all those amazing people again .

The end.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

경기도 용인시 처인구 모현면 외대로 81 한국외국어대학교 글로벌캠퍼스 교양관 213-1호
031-330-4593~4 / localitycenter@hufs.ac.kr
Copyright (c) 2024 한국외국어대학교 로컬리티 사업단. All rights reserved.